Probable Playing XI
- KL Rahul ©
- De Kock*/Lewis*
- Manish Pandey/Manan Vohra
- Very strong opening combination.
- Middle/Lower order filled with all-round players.
- Great Indian spin department.
- Flexible batting order, lots of potential floaters.
- Full-time bowlers are slightly underwhelming.
- Lack of attacking players at the top.
- KL Rahul has the opportunity to make his case to be the next captain for the Indian cricket team in limited overs.
- Avesh has a chance to completely inscribe his name to the long list of the next generation’s top Indian pacers.
- Krunal and Manish Pandey’s form in the IPL recently has been concerning.
- Avesh Khan may not have enough IPL experience to lead an attack, and might suffer from second season blues.
Lucknow has been quite impressive in this auction. They have assembled an amazing team, highlighted especially by the all-round talent in the middle order. The only problem is that they don’t have too many good replacements, especially for the bowling lineup. Nevertheless, they feature in the second place in my rankings! They shouldn’t be too cocky though, because apparently, a lot of people don’t quite see it the same way as me!