Probable Playing XI
- Jos Buttler*/Daryl Mitchell*
- Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Devdutt Padikkal
- Sanju Samson ©
- Shimron Hetmyer*
- Riyan Parag/Navdeep Saini
- Nathan Coulter-Nile*/Jimmy Neesham*/Rassie Van Der Dussen*
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Prasidh Krishna
- Trent Boult*
- That Top 5. Wow.
- That Bottom 4. Wow.
- They have me as their Superfan. What else could they possibly need?
- No.6 and No.7 will either be bowling-heavy or batting-heavy. There is a clear lack of a complete multi-dimensional all-rounder.
- That’s it. This team is invincible.
- Sanju, Prasidh, Ashwin, Chahal. They’re all in contention for the Indian national team. They can all get a place in the T20 World Cup squad. Will they?
- Riyan Parag would want to repay the immense faith that RR has shown in him despite poor performances in the past few years.
- Trent Boult would want to prove that he can bowl well even in the death, and that he will be the same even without the shadow of Jasprit Bumrah looming over him.
- Injury threats would be looming over Prasidh Krishna – combined with the price tag pressure, will it be too much for the young lad?
- The youngsters in the Top 3 might be a little slow on the strike rate. But the lower order should probably make up for it.
- That’s it. This team is invincible, I told you.
Note : This is not biased at all. I am an RR fan but I am completely unbiased. I promise.
That said, RR is winning the trophy this year. Sorry guys, but that’s just facts. Just the cold hard truth. This team is magnificent. It’s astounding. It’s pathbreaking. It’s staggering. It’s enchanting. It’s Royal. It’s Warnie’s team, and it’s going for the cup. This one’s for you, Warnie 🙂